New Zealand Cricket (NZC) have announced the cricket schedule for its Men’s and Women’s team for 2022. The Kane Williamson-led side will kick off the summer by hosting Bangladesh in a two-match Test series starting on January 01 at Bay Oval in Tauranga. New Zealand then will travel Down Under for the white-ball series against Australia starting on January 30 in Perth. The Trans-Tasman rivals will play three ODIs and one T20I.
After completing the four white-ball matches, New Zealand will host South Africa for two Tests in Christchurch and Wellington starting from February 17 and March 1 respectively. Australia will then travel to New Zealand to play three T20Is starting from March 17. Netherlands will also tour New Zealand for one T20I and three ODIs starting from March 25.
Meanwhile, New Zealand women’s team will host India for the white-ball series which include five ODIs and one T20Is starting from February 09 in Napier. The series is vital considering the upcoming 50-Over Women’s World Cup, which is slated to begin on March 04.
New Zealand will host the women’s 50-over World Cup after 22 years. The last time the event was held, White Ferns won the tournament by beating Australia in the finals by four runs.
Here is New Zealand’s schedule for summer 2022:
New Zealand Men vs Bangladesh – Test series
- 1st Test – January 01-05, Bay Oval, Tauranga
- 2nd Test – January 09-13, Hagley Oval, Christchurch
New Zealand Men’s tour of Australia:
- 1st ODI – January 30, Optus Stadium, Perth
- 2nd ODI – February 2, Blundstone Arena, Hobart
- 3rd ODI – February 5, Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney
- Only T20I – February 8, Manuka Oval, Canberra
New Zealand Women vs India:
- Only T20I – February 9, McLean Park, Napier
- 1st ODI – February 11, McLean Park, Napier
- 2nd ODI – February 14, Saxton Oval, Nelson
- 3rd ODI – February 16, Saxton Oval, Nelson
- 4th ODI – February 22, John Davies Oval, Queenstown
- 5th ODI – February 24, John Davies Oval, Queenstown
New Zealand Men vs South Africa – Test series
- 1st Test – Feb 17-21, Hagley Oval, Christchurch
- 2nd Test – Feb 25-Mar 1, Basin Reserve, Wellington
New Zealand Men vs Australia:
- 1st T20I – March 17, Sky Stadium, Wellington
- 2nd T20I – March 18, Sky Stadium, Wellington
- 3rd T20I – March 20, McLean Park, Napier
New Zealand Men vs Netherlands:
- Only T20I – Mar 25, Bay Oval, Tauranga
- 1st ODI – March 29, University Oval, Dunedin
- 2nd ODI – April 2, Seddon Park, Hamilton
- 3rd ODI – April 4, Seddon Park, Hamilton