At the time of its birth, T20 cricket was considered to be the playground of batters only. But slowly with the passing of time and as T20 cricket gained maturity, it was found that batsmen could set up matches but bowlers are the ones winning matches for their teams. The Indian T20 League has had some mesmerizing performances by the bowlers over the season. Let’s take a look at the top 5 wicket-taking performances by the bowlers in the ITL Seasons concluded till now.
5. Morne Morkel (25 Wickets): Morne Morkel representing Delhi in the 2012 season took 25 wickets and finds a fifth place in this list.
4. Dwayne Bravo, Bhuvaneswar Kumar, Imran Tahir (26 Wickets): The fourth highest number of wickets was recorded by Dwayne Bravo for Chennai in 2015, Bhuvaneswar Kumar for Hyderabad in 2017 and Imran Tahir for Chennai in 2019. They each took 26 wickets in their respective seasons.
3. Lasith Malinga (28 Wickets): Lasith Malinga playing for Mumbai in 2011 took 28 wickets in the season which earns him the third spot in the list.
2. Kagiso Rabada (30 Wickets): Kagiso Rabada playing for Delhi picked up 30 wickets in the 2020 season of the Indian T20 League. The performance earns him the second spot.
1. Dwayne Bravo and Harshal Patel (32 Wickets): Dwayne Bravo appears a second time in the list and this time at the top spot for his performance in 2013 where he picked up 32 wickets playing for Chennai. The man sharing the spoils with him is Harshal Patel who picked up 32 wickets playing for Bangalore in 2021.